London O₂ Arena 2009 - 12th (gig)
|Date||12th November 2009|
|Support||The Big Pink|
|Start (UTC)||19:30, 18:30 (doors)|
|London Royal Albert Hall 2009||←||London O2 Arena 2009 - 12th||→||London O2 Arena 2009 - 13th|
This concert was part of the European leg of "The Resistance" tour, announced on the 1st of June. Fan pre-sale information and links were announced on the 3rd of June. Pre-sale took place on the 4th and general sale started the following day. Both pre-sale and general sale sold out, the latter in its first day.[source?]
On playing songs from "The Resistance" live, Dominic Howard stated that learning to do so "should take a while!" and Rehearsals started on the 19th of July. On the 22nd, musewire readers were told to "expect an 8" stone 'enge" for The Resistance tour's stage design.
During the interval between The Big Pink and Muse, a Mexican wave was started by Muse forum and MuseWiki staff, led by moderator Olly and MuseWiki owner Crazybobbles. The wave began in block N where the aforementioned people were situated and progressed anti-clockwise through the VIP suites behind the stage. The start of Muse's performance was delayed due to the concert inside the Royal Albert Hall for Children in Need, earlier the same day.[source?] During Plug In Baby, Matthew Bellamy went to sing the second verse at the back of the stage for the people sitting behind however the microphone wasn't on and instead he walked around the stage leaving the crowd to sing on their own. Balloons were released during said song and afterwards the band waited for them to be popped, making various sounds on their instruments.
|After Headup riff||Bellamy||"Good evening London! Oh yes.... Howa' you guys feeling? It's great to be home, to be here".|
|After Who Knows Who riff||"Thank you very much".|
|Howard||Hey, how's it going out there London? It's a great pleasure to see you guys again".|
|After Supermassive Black Hole||"Cheers!"|
|After Guiding Light||Bellamy||"Thank you very much".|
|After United States of Eurasia||"Hey!"|
|After Starlight||Howard||"Thank you very much London. You guys are looking great".|
|After Unnatural Selection||Bellamy||(Screaming) "Thank you London!"|
|After Knights of Cydonia||"Thank you London, we love you!"|
|Howard||"Thank you very much London, you guys rock. We love you, it was great to see you. See you tomorrow maybe, cheers".|
An audience recording in FLAC format is located here[registration needed].
- We Are the Universe (intro music)
- New Born + Headup riff
- Map of the Problematique + Who Knows Who outro
- Guiding Light
- Supermassive Black Hole
- Interlude + Hysteria
- United States of Eurasia
- Feeling Good
- Helsinki Jam
- Undisclosed Desires
- Plug In Baby
- Time Is Running Out
- Unnatural Selection
- Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)
- Stockholm Syndrome + War Within a Breath riff + riff
- Man with a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia
- THE RESISTANCE TOUR (2009-06-01). Muse website. Retrieved 2009-06-01 from muse.mu.
- (2009-06-02). [Ticket sale information, "MUSE COMING SOON"]. Gigsandtours. Retrieved 2009-06-02 from www.seetickets.com[dead link].
- Biffy Clyro and The Big Pink to support Muse! (2009-09-15). Muse website. Retrieved 2009-09-15 from muse.mu.
MUSE tickets. Buy tickets for MUSE at The O2 Arena, London (2009-06-0?). Seetickets. Retrieved 2009-06-12 from www.seetickets.com. Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; name "st200906so" defined multiple times with different content
- THE RESISTANCE TOUR (2009-06-03). Muse E-mail. Retrieved 2009-06-03. [verify]
- Dominic Howard. (2009-06-11). Finished.. Possibly... MySpace. Retrieved 2009-06-11 from blogs.myspace.com.
- Christopher Wolstenholme. (2009-07-19). First day of rehearsals an .... musewire/Twitter. Retrieved 2009-07-22 from twitter.com.
- Muse. (2009-07-22). http://twitpic.com/b84il w .... musewire/Twitter. Retrieved 2009-07-22 from twitter.com.