Something Human (video)
|Initial air date||July 19th, 2018|
|Thought Contagion||<||Something Human||>||The Dark Side|
The video is inspired by 80s culture, with Matt Bellamy citing 'Teen Wolf' as an inspiration for the transformation scene.
Lance mentioned that “Our aim with ‘Something Human’ was to continue the journey that began in ‘Dig Down’ and ‘Thought Contagion,;” Drake said. “Pulling further into a simulated world we follow Matt, Dom, and, Chris on the chase of a lifetime – where something as simple as returning some video tapes becomes an epic journey.”
The video follows Bellamy driving on a long desert road, trying to return a VR video casette to a fictional video rental company "Retrograde video". During that, he gets chased by cops, portrayed by Howard and Wolstenholme. During the chase, wolstenholme shoots him with a "warp blaster". After that, the police car and Bellamy's Lamborghini crash with each other and Bellamy briefly enters the other (dark) side. When he warps out of it, he proceeds to return the casette and turns into a werewolf. After that, the cops show up in a phone booth. Bellamy supposedly kills the two, while he goes on.
- Director: Lance Drake
- Producer: Jason Baum
- Production company: http://whitelist.tv/
- Executive Producers: Jerad Anderson & Seb Webber
- Director of Photography: Todd Banhazl
- Production Designer: Tyler Jensen
- Editor: Jeremiah Mayhew
- Wardrobe Stylist: Tatiana Valentin
- Post Production and Visual FX: Frame 48
- Executive Director: Tom Teller
- Executive Producer: Julian Conner
- Creative Producer: Seth Josephson
- Colorist: Bryan Smaller at Company 3
Something Human Screenshots
Behind the Scenes Gallery
- Samantha Maine. (2018). Muse have shared a futuristic, Teen Wolf inspired video for ‘Something Human’. Retrieved 2018-07-23 from Billboard.