Difference between revisions of "User talk:Crazybobbles"
m (→updating existing images - problem saying im logged out?!)
|Line 93:||Line 93:|
: (also crazybobbles is a she? i think idk)
: (also crazybobbles is a she? i think idk)
== 2017 Tour Dates ==
== 2017 Tour Dates ==
Revision as of 16:00, 16 October 2018
Use this page to talk to me, might want to put a signature each time you edit this page so i know who's who. I delete stuff thats been dealt with so my page doesnt look like a mess :D
Problems trying to upload files
Oh Hi Crazybobbles! I have a problem... When I try to upload a file, I keep getting the same message: "Could not open lock file for "mwstore://local-backend/local-public/archive".", my question is "why?"... also, on the Gigs section, on the "quick links" box, when I press "2016" it doesn't re directs me to the 2016 gigs... It gets stuck on the same 2015 gigs section! and that's all... Goodnight!Nepomuse (talk) 00:44, 12 December 2015 (UTC−06:00)
will you put the 2015 gigs in sometimes? think it will be nessesery..
MuseWiki in another language
Loads of requests on this. However I would like to see at least 20 people keen to contribute to consider a translation job. So feel free to rock your signatures for the language you would like to be involved in. Map of erased citizens: I could do a finnish translation
Musemania96: german translation
there seems to be a fair bit of spam going on with random users being created here over the past few weeks. Cheers (Darkshined).
- Hmm, strangely no malicious spam links due to another plugin stopping them, sad they cracked my simple Captcha, need to figure the best way to combat it.
Hi, there is quite a bit of spam posted here recently, especially on user pages. No admins seem to be active who are able to delete such pages. It would be great if there was at least one active admin, or if I or someone else of the more active users could be given the right to delete pages. (I'm also sending this to Tene.) Time Q (talk) 11:37, 20 May 2013 (BST)
- Hmmm, sad news because I thought my captcha was spotless! No idea how they could answer that question. I'll see if I can change the questions up a bit, if the folks stop then we're good, if not, it looks like the captcha system is compromised --crazybobbles (talk) 13:25, 26 May 2013 (BST)
Twitter feed for Tom
Would it be possible to create a Twitter feed for Tom, since he tweets a lot? Maybe you can add him to the list on the homepage. --RageAgainstTheZetas
There has been a ridiculous amount of spamming lately again (new users creating user pages with spam text). Obviously your captcha system is still not fixed. Please do something about it, or give some of the more active users admin rights so they can fight the spam; it can't get really worse, can it? (All I can do is empty the user pages and mark them to be deleted, which actually surprises me a bit... why can I edit other users' pages? Can they do it with my page as well?) Time Q (talk) 23:30, 27 August 2013 (BST)
- Hngh, i blocked most of the but they're back... it was such an amazing captcha job too.
Here's a little heads-up that there's a bunch of spammers vandalizing the wiki again. Your captcha system doesn't seem to work, and there is not a single active user that has rights to delete pages. Draw your own conclusions. But this is definitely the last time I cleaned up after the spammers without being able to delete their crap right away. It's really frustrating. Time Q (talk) 11:27, 26 December 2013 (GMT)
- Thank you for promoting me to administrator! I hope that'll help prevent the worst. I wish some of the old admins would come back too, but I guess you can't make this happen ;) Time Q (talk) 22:11, 17 January 2014 (GMT)
Hey, just wondering what your opinion is on having a sort of "Gallery" section of the site for live videos. I've been thinking about this a lot lately and I think it could be really useful. In a summary, my idea is that like the tablature page, Musers will be able to select from a list of songs and then be brought to a page filled with live performances of the song, organized by year. I think it would be big work for some of the more commonly-played songs (PiB, TIRO, New Born) but could be quite valuable to the site. Plus it could help preserve some rare live videos the same way MicroCuts.net used to. Thanks and have a great day. GameGear360 (talk) 21:36, 19 December 2014 (GMT)
Oh Great and Wise all-knowing Crazybobbles! I need your help........ There are two pages about the new Muse album... I don't know how to delete pages... and I don't know what to do with the old page and I don't even know (But many confirm/say this) that the new album is called 'Drones' (cos even if Muse wrote it in an Hashtag.. I still doubt it...) Oh great and wise Crazybobbles... What should I do?Nepomuse (talk) 21:00, 5 February 2015 (UTC−06:00)
updating existing images - problem saying im logged out?!
Is there a problem with cookies on musewiki atm? in particular the images section.
I can sign in and all the pages i have tried accessing show me as signed in. However, when i try looking at an existing image to try and update a newer version, it shows me as being logged out?!?! weird. i then go to the login option to sign in and then i get an error message stating:
I can only view the source, not edit an image or replace an existing image.
i have disabled adblocking settings, including those for obrusive blocking, cleared down my cookies and cache. any other 'users' or 'autoconfirmed users' getting this problem?
yet when i go back to the homepage or other non photo based links it shows me as being signed in!!
What do you mean by "Muse servers"? Are you implying they are hosted on Muse sponsored servers? Also, this site needs serious updating, starting with up-to-date Mediawiki version, HTTPS and freely allowing for users to create accounts. --Ncla (talk) 21:25, 7 February 2018 (GMT)
- Expect no answer to this one and expect this issue to never to be fixed, considering it took me 4 months of pestering him over e-mail to do easy thing as upgrading the Mediawiki version, AND me offering to do it in his place for free and out of my own time. I already helped MuseBootlegs.com help with the site a bit, I don't see why crazybobbles wouldn't let someone trust-able help with Musewiki. --Ncla (talk) 22:09, 14 October 2018 (BST)
- Well, this hurts me dearly. It really was hard to describe the emotions this invokes in me in a proper manner. There are lots of words to specifically describe emotions, but I couldn't think of any to definitely fit this emotion. Not anger, not sadness, not fear. So I looked around. I searched the deepest corners of the internet. I looked through pages and pages of the dictionary. Eventually, I was able to find one thing that fit my feelings in a subtle way. It's a kind of simple word, comprised of two letters, one appearing twice. When I saw this word, I basically was in shock. Not only that I hadn't heard of this word before, but that it fit my emotions perfectly, which is quite significant. And you know what that word was? Oof. - Commenter of Comments (talk) 22:39, 14 October 2018 (BST)
- (also crazybobbles is a she? i think idk)
2017 Tour Dates
hi, just wondering when are you going to add the 2017 tour dates, we have made nearly all the gig pages, just we can't add them on the gigs page because we don't have permittion. just thought I'd ask you as the tour starts on May 21st, so you've got just over a month. Thanks in advance. "--Casin0R0yale7 (talk) 08:23, 13 April 2017 (BST)"
Hey, I could use some feedback regarding the Live section I've been working on. I asked around a while back and the users here all thought the concept of a live section was worth having, so about a year ago I started working on it, and it's now 55% complete with 75 songs finished. It's taken a lot of time and dedication but the results have been promising so far. I deliberately haven't shared the links on any site because I don't necessarily want people to see the incomplete project before it is ready for release, but I would enjoy hearing your feedback. It can be found here for now if you're interested in checking out the work that's been completed already. If you have any suggestions, comments, criticism, I'd love to hear it. Thanks, GameGear360 (talk) 16:35, 7 July 2017 (BST)
Looks good! Not too sure about the longevity and upkeep of dailymotion / youtube videos... that's my main concern but definitely happy with what's worked on so far! --crazybobbles (talk) 10:43, 16 August 2017 (BST)
- Thanks very much for your feedback! It's been a few months since any staff posted anything here. The goal was to back the videos up on the Internet Archive to have them kept permanently but only a few of them have made their way there. Dailymotion is the best platform we've found because it rejects about 2% of uploads from what I've found. On all the complete pages, all of the links in yellow are videos that were taken down by Dailymotion and reuploaded to Vimeo. Vimeo takes down nothing at all and every video uploaded is still there, but you have to pay to upload more than a handful of videos per week. Youtube removes about 20% of all uploaded content and they will delete channels at will, so we've avoided that platform so far with the exception of a small handful of videos. I appreciate the feedback! GameGear360 (talk) 18:50, 16 August 2017 (BST)