- This is an archived version of Talk:Gigs. Please do not add new messages here, it will not be replied to.
People who attended.
It would be cool to have a list of the people who attended each gig somewhere at the bottom of the venue page where all the information about the gig itself is. Of course people would add their names themselves. What do you people think?
--S.Örvarr.S 02:39, 21 May 2007 (BST)
- That sounds like fun. And I would finally be able to put my name down! :-) --Terpsichore 05:36, 8 October 2007 (BST)
Confirm? Who said? Wishera 18:46, 18 June 2007 (BST)
- Urm, did you miss the "Rumours" part? --Tene 20:47, 18 June 2007 (BST)
Hi, guys. There is update information about Ukrainian-Russian gigs. The Uranian official fanclub "Starlight" will actively participate in PR company in the support of "BHAR" Ukrainian release that will start in 2 weeks. So we hope that Muse will spent time well here in Kiev.
13 October - Kiev, Sport Hall (Ukraine) 15 October- Moscow, DS Luzhniki (Russia) 19 October - St. Petersburg, New Arena (Russia)
Ha-ha, look on microcuts.net
Live Earth and Glastonbury 2008
Muse were never on the bill for Live Earth. And Eavis has confirmed that Muse are not playing Glastonbury next year.
I have tried to remove these several times. Any particular reason for them to stay? Muse haven't got anything to do with them!
- because they are interesting --Wilfio 02:19, 2 July 2007 (BST)
- That's why the Live Earth gig is crossed out. And the Glastonbury gig is not officially disclaimed by Muse. Tene explained to you that the gig list also contains rumours. Accept it. / Time Q 10:51, 2 July 2007 (BST)
I think it's a waste of space to include romours. --S.Örvarr.S 07:18, 30 July 2007 (BST)
The rumoured gig in Argentina (December) was removed when it never materialised. Why is Live Earth still there then?
- If you'd actually bothered to read the edit summary, you'd know. --Tene 23:52, 7 October 2007 (BST)
Add picture to template?
How about a small optional section for one photograph from each gig (or ticket, etc; just one though) in each gig template? Like this
|Venue||Earls Court Exhibition Centre|
|Date||19th December 2004|
|Number of songs||19|
|Support||Soulwax, The Zutons|
|Event start||20:00, 18:00 (doors) UTC|
|Ticket price||25.00 GBP|
In terms of gigs, I believe sorting the table would be a useful function. It's pretty easy to implement since you just add the follow
I've tried it on the 2007 one and it works perfectly, the problem however is the date, most of the details of sorting by date can be found here but yeah, it will take a nice read to get this function sorted sorting by dates Should be applying the sort table function for both the gigs and the media articles to make the wiki more accessible to people :) --crazybobbles 10:10, 17 October 2007 (BST)
- Looks likes it requires the year to be included in order to sort properly; I did a small test table with gigs:
|25 Jan 2007||Westpac Arena||Christchurch, New Zealand|
|23 Nov 2007||Trusts Stadium||Auckland, New Zealand|
|17 Oct 2007||Sydney Entertainment Centre||Sydney, NS, Australia|
|15 Jul 2007||Rod Laver Arena||Melbourne, VI, Australia|
|06 Nov 2007||Adelaide Entertainment Centre||Adelaide, SA, Australia|
|10 Apr 2007||Supreme Court Gardens||Perth, WA, Australia|
|24 Oct 2007||Forum Copenhagen||Copenhagen, Denmark|
...seems to work fine here. Looks like non-date entries such as "~ Dec" and "17/18 Dec" throw it off though, so if these can be removed and the year added to all dates, it should function fine... ۞ 11:08, 22 October 2007 (BST)
- Yup, just applied it to the live table, I'm thinking about splitting the location too so that could be sortable though I'm not sure what's there to gain with that haha. But yeah, looks cooler, will do the others later --crazybobbles 13:03, 23 October 2007 (BST)
Citizen Erased (short)
I suggest naming occurrences of Citizen Erased without the extended drum intro as "Citizen Erased (short)" in set lists, unless anyone has any objections. --Tene 15:44, 19 October 2007 (BST)
- Well... it's not really a short version. If they didn't play the piano part or something like that, then yes, it would be a short version. But it's just a little drum intro, nothing else. Maybe it should appear like "Drum intro + Citizen Erased" or something like that, but not as short/long version. --Susurr0 11:32, 22 October 2007 (BST)
Anyone think naming the interlude that's played before Feeling Good the "Wah-wah interlude" would be a good idea? I think it'd be good to differentiate between all the different interludes there are ... --Tene 19:10, 1 November 2007 (GMT)
- sounds good to me, it is very wah-wah-y ... --Wilfio 21:48, 1 November 2007 (GMT)