Santiago Teatro Caupolicán 2008 (gig)
|Date||26th July 2008|
|Teatro Gran Rex – 24th||←||Teatro Caupolicán||→||Vivo Rio|
First Muse performance in Chile.
One of nine Latin American concerts in 2008, this one was first announced by the official Chilean fan club Eternally Missed on the 4th of May. It was confirmed to them by the Fenix Entertainment GroupChile. Although Eternally Missed stated that the tickets would go on sale in early June, when announced by the Muse website on the 23rd of May, the pre-sale started the same day, while the general sale date was given as 26th of that month.
Matthew Bellamy first mentioned two possible South American concerts in an interview with Virgin Radio host Ben Jones, broadcast 2008-02-18.
As with the gig in Guadalajara, there was a H.A.A.R.P. signing session in the afternoon, this time inside "Feria del Disco Paseo Ahumada", from 15:20 until 16:00. In the final moments of the Ashamed outro, Bellamy drew out a Chilean flag, spun it around and passed it to Dominic Howard, who proceeded to place it onto the foot drum. A chupalla (traditional Chilean hat) given by one attendee of this session was worn by Matthew Bellamy during Feeling Good. In response to Bellamy's hat, the audience started to whistle and clap a traditional cueca encore during the first notes of the song. Invincible was played a semitone lower in the key of B rather than its usual key of C.
|After New Born||Bellamy||"Gracias, cheers Santiago! You're already the best".|
|After Dead Star||"Gracias".|
|Howard||"Buenas noches [en: Good night]) Santiago. How're you doing".|
|After Map of the Problematique||Bellamy||"Gracias, gracias. Estamos muy contentos de estar aquí en Chile"|
|After Supermassive Black Hole||Howard||"Gracias".|
|After Citizen Erased||Bellamy|
|After Hysteria||"Thank you very much. Muchas gracias. ... This next song is called Starlight".|
|After Plug In Baby||Bellamy||"Gracias".|
|Howard||"Los amamos Santiago. Chile ustedes son lo mejor [en: You're the best Chile ]".|
|After Knights of Cydonia||Bellamy||"Gracias [?]"|
|Howard||"Gracias Chile, we'll see you again. You guys are bad ass. You go crazy, cheers".|
A recording of this concert is available here[registration needed].
- New Born + Headup riff + Ashamed outro [watch]
- Dead Star
- Map of the Problematique + Maggie's Farm outro
- Supermassive Black Hole
- Butterflies & Hurricanes [watch]
- Citizen Erased [watch]
- Feeling Good
- Drum and Bass
- Starlight [watch]
- Whole Lotta Love phrase + Jimmy Jam + riff + Time Is Running Out
- Riff + Stockholm Syndrome + Township Rebellion outro + Execution Commentary riff + outro
- Take a Bow
- Plug In Baby
- Knights of Cydonia [watch]
- Muse to play Argentina and Chile! (2008-05-23). Muse website. Retrieved 2008-05-23 from muse.mu.
- Felipe Fernandez and Patricio Carmona. (2008-05-04). OFICIAL: Muse en Chile Sábado 26 Julio Teatro Caupolicán. Eternally Missed. Retrieved 2008-05-09 from musechile.com[dead link]. [verify]
- (2008-07-23). [Muse Sold Out in Chile]. La Segunda. Retrieved 2008-05-25 from lasegunda.com[dead link].
- [Set-list sheet]. Retrieved 2008-07-30. [verify]
- zeroiha. (2008-07-27). Muse - New Born (Live Chile 2008). YouTube. Retrieved 2008-07-27 from www.youtube.com.
- Ben Jones. (2008-02-18). Most Wanted with Ben Jones. Virgin Radio. Retrieved 2008-02-18 from www.muselive.com. [verify]
- HAARP SIGNING IN SANTIAGO - 26.07.08 (2008-07-25). Muse website. Retrieved 2008-07-27 from muse.mu[dead link].
- XpressMusic0Chile. (2008-07-26). Muse en Chile - Firma de Autografos parte 1. YouTube. Retrieved 2008-07-27 from youtube.com.
- GabitaUK. (2008-07-26). Muse en Chile - Feeling Good. YouTube. Retrieved 2008-07-27 from www.youtube.com.