Melbourne Rod Laver Arena 2010 - 14th (gig)
|Venue||Rod Laver Arena[source?], Melbourne Olympic Park[source?]|
|Date||14th December 2010[source?]|
|Price (AUD)||109.90, 129.90[source?]|
|Acer Arena – 10th||←||Rod Laver Arena – 14th||→||Rod Laver Arena – 15th|
In the afternoon at around 16:00, Thomas Kirk began filming the queue outside the front of the arena, and seconds later Muse and their security rode past the line.
At the start when the curtains fell to reveal the towers, Dominic Howard's curtain didn't fall until a little into the song. This contained the last known performance of Sunburn until 2012. Before House of the Rising Sun, Howard attempted to introduce it by name, but only got as far as "This next..", as he was cut off by Matthew Bellamy who started playing the riff. Bellamy stared at him humorously. There were two signs reading "Moshing and Crowd Surfing is prohibited" on both sides of the stage, at which Howard pointed fun towards before Starlight.[watch] At the end Howard threw his drumsticks into the crowd.
Muse were rumoured to have been banned from Australia for five years after Howard encouraged the crowd to mosh, and because Christopher Wolstenholme smoked on stage. However, a letter and reply from Rod Laver Arena proved these rumours wrong..
- We Are the Universe (intro music)
- Uprising (riff version)
- New Born
- Map of the Problematique + Who Knows Who outro
- Supermassive Black Hole
- Interlude + Hysteria + Back in Black outro
- Citizen Erased
- United States of Eurasia
- Helsinki Jam
- Undisclosed Desires
- House of the Rising Sun riff + Time Is Running Out + Power of Soul riff
- Burning Bridges riff + Starlight
- Plug In Baby
- Exogenesis: Symphony Part I (Overture)
- Stockholm Syndrome + Agitated intro + Agitated outro + Township Rebellion outro + Endless Nameless riff [watch]
- Man with a Harmonica intro + Knights of Cydonia
- Australian Supports Announced (2010-08-25). Muse website. Retrieved 2010-08-27 from muse.mu.