- Deftones are an American alternative metal band from Sacramento, California, founded in 1988. The band consists of Chino Moreno (lead vocals and guitar), Stephen Carpenter (guitar), Chi Cheng (bass), Frank Delgado (keyboards and turntables), and Abe Cunningham (drums and percussion). Since Chi Cheng's passing in 2013 Sergio Vega has become a full member as the band's bassist. They have released eight albums to date, with three Platinum (Adrenaline, White Pony, Around the Fur) and one Gold certification (Deftones). Their most recent studio album, Gore, was released on April 2016.
- When signed on Maverick records, Muse & Deftones were "labelmates"
- Muse supported them at Ilha do Ermal Festival 2000.
- On July of 1999 Matt Bellamy & Chris mentioned Deftones as one of their five "all time" favorite bands*
- Matt Bellamy loves Deftones' "Around the Fur" album 
- During an interview for the Frech division of the Rock Sound magazine Matt stated:
"...our favourite bands are from USA: Nirvana, Smashing Pumpkins, we are huge Deftones fans..." 
- Muse have played the riff's to Deftones song's 'Headup', 'My Own Summer (Shove it)' & 'Bored' live at concerts in various occasions.
- In an interview featured on the February/1999 issue of NME, the interviewer asked Bellamy about how they fell about being signed to Maverick records:
"Don't you feel sick to the stomach knowing that you're "labelmates" with Alanis Morissette?" Matthew grins "Not really, they've got Deftones and i really love Deftones. The great thing about Maverick is that they've only got about 15 acts and they've taking us as a priority. They've not the sort of label who'd drop a band if their first album doesn't sell too well. but we're not corporate at all. We're still independent in this country." http://i49.tinypic.com/2qs3y80.jpg
Back to Influences